Saturday, January 12, 2008

Baby Shower

My sisters baby shower was today, so we got up very early to finish preparing for that. I drove down and picked my sister up at the airport. It was fun getting to spend some time with her. I don't get to see her too often any more. It was quite funny... about half way home she says, "You drive a mad stick shift." I was like, "Is that a good thing?" Apparently, she didn't realize that it was stick shift that whole time, so I guess that is good. haha While she went out to lunch with her college roommates, we set up a bunch of tables in the gazebo at the lake. It was a beautiful day! We couldn't have asked for better weather. I did a lot of running back and forth to the house... giving rides to people, getting random things from the house, waiting for people that got stuck in traffic, etc. It was a good time though. She got a lot of neat gifts. I had a random urge at 10:46 tonight to run around the lake (about 2.4 miles including the distance from my house to the lake). It was definitely a challenge. If you know me well, you know that I don't like running just to run. As I was running, there were several times that I wanted to just give up and start walking, but I had determined to not stop. This reminded me of running the race that God has set before me. There are so many times where I feel like just giving up and taking the easy way, but we are called to press on! Never stop! It was a great time of encouragement for my heart. In Jeremiah 28, I read about some false prophecy. It fits very well with what we talked about last night in Bible study. One thing that is pretty much always true of false teaching is that they tell you what you want to hear. This is very dangerous! The Bible doesn't always tell us what we want to hear, but what we need to hear, so those that teach God's Word won't always tell us what we want to hear. We need to be constantly comparing things with scripture.

No comments: