Wednesday, January 13, 2010

His Faithfulness - Mexico 2010

I can't express in words all that is going on in my heart. I think it will take months to process... and I think I want it to take a long time. I should be posting pictures in the near future. To at least give you an idea, here is the work crew with the almost completed roof.

Your prayers for us have been such an incredible blessing. We all arrived safe and sound back to our homes. Alex is probably still on the road headed to some relatives and will be on the road for the next week or so, so you can continue to uphold him in your prayers. I was telling the team the other night that I fully expected to have some sort of major issue on the trip and the only "major issue" we had was that we were given old versions of paperwork for our travlers permit and they wouldn't let us pay for it at the banks. This "major issue" saved each of us $30 and didn't hinder us from getting back to the US. He is so good!

Just to give you a glimse of His visible faithfulness to us on this trip:

-He supplied far above and beyond the necessary funds to complete the house while making it so that we could take no credit for it.
-He brought us safely down to AZ... Alex having spent like 40 hours driving with no issues whatsoever.
-He kept everyone well the entire trip other than one day where Alex was sick and God used that day in incredible ways in his heart.
-He kept us safe during the construction other than cuts, bumps and brusies.
-He gave us great times of fellowship from singing in the car to Bible studies on the beach.
-He truly did unite our hearts to sing His praise.
-He cleased the mission house of Satan's attacks on the Powell family... we literally saw Benny (one of the Powell's little boys) go from coughing non-stop to resting peacefully.
-He broke our hearts to tears and yet still abundantly supplied His grace and mercy.
-He opened doors of opportunity to speak the truth of the gospel to many.
-He displayed a glimse of His majesty through the ocean waves and the vastness of the stars.
-He graciously allowed the things of earth to grow strangly dim in the light of His glory and grace.
-He renewed the joy of our salvation.

Alex and I had a great Bible study in Lamentations 3, yesterday morning on the bus and it really brought great closure to the trip for me.

Lamentations 3:17-26
I have been deprived of peace; I have forgotten what prosperity is. So I say, "My splendor is gone and all that I had hoped from the LORD." I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

At the beginning of the week, we talked about Isaiah 40:28-31 which talks about waiting on the Lord. We often associate waiting with doing nothing. We came to the conclusion that this waiting is not an inactive waiting. The Word is full of instructions for our daily living. Let's take Romans 6:12 for example... "Let not sin reign in your mortal bodies...", or how about 2 Timothy 2:22, "...pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace..." This is not a time to wait inactively... we have so much to prepare for! Hebrews 11 clearly shows us that He is faithful when we trust Him and act based on the truth of His promises.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

Waiting on Him is living for Him every moment of every day, trusting that His ways are best, and eagerly seeking to see Him do His part as He promises. We may not always be blessed with being able to see the results, but He will do it regardless, and we must trust Him.

Thank you all for your prayers. Pray that His work would continue in each of our hearts as this is prime time for Satan's fiery darts, and they must be quenched with with Spirit. Join me in thanking Him for His faithfulness.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like you had an awesome trip! Praise the Lord that you were able to see Him at work in your lives so clearly! We were all praying for you! :)

The Powells? Hm, I wonder if we're somehow related....

~Andrea P.

Elsie Anne said...

Wow, I am so glad that you were able to see the Lord at work in so many visible ways. He is so good! I cannot wait to hear all about it. :)

~Your Sis

DannyT077 said...

Hello Daniel,
I just found your blog and relly liked your different posts. It sounds like you all had an excellent trip. I go to the same church as the Hipps family and just met Mark Hutchins this past week at the Omaha Rebelution Video conference. It was really encouraging. Excellent Blog and keep up the good work.
In Christ,
Daniel Turack

Daniel Osborne said...

Thanks for the comments. :)

Daniel, I have heard your name come up a few times... all good things... maybe. :D Actually, I can't remember, but I do remember hearing your name a few times. Glad you were able to make it to that conference!

DannyT077 said...

Daniel,
Yeah I was working with some of the technical side of the conference that didn't end up working out. Hillary and Mark were probaly discussing it frequently but whether it was good or not I have no idea.:)