Friday, October 01, 2010

His Temple

I was reading in Psalm 29 the other morning and the phrase at the end of verse 9 caught my attention.
And in His temple everything says, "Glory!"
Immediately, that well-known passage in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 came to mind...
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
... and 1 Corintians 10:31...
Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
These passages served as a great challenge to me to really think through everything I do... is it saying, "Glory!"? If it is saying, "Glory!", is He the object of that glory? God, would you help me to live no longer for myself but for You who died and rose again on my behalf so that I would truly be Your temple, that everything within me would say, "Glory!" You are infinitely more deserving of the glory that I can give, but help me by Your grace to use all that is within me to glorify You. I want You to have joy dwelling here, in Your temple.

No comments: