Sunday, February 06, 2011

Your Love is Better Than Life

Pastor Tim preached on the love of God today. It was such a refreshment to my soul. The truths of His perfect, complete, and unending love are truths that I need to be reminded of continually. My understanding of His love plays a very vital part in my love for God. We love Him because He first loved us. I must come to know and understand His love for me so that I know how to live Him and others. How thankful I am that His love is not based on anything that I have done, but on everything that Christ has done. He can love me as a son because of Christ's righteousness. God's wrath for my sin has been completely poured out on Christ. It is for this reason that I joyfully say with David...
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water. Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You. So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, For You have been my help, And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.
God, Your love is indeed better than life itself. While I have never known what it is like to not be alive, Your love that never fails has given me confidence that if all I had was Your love, it would be enough. I seek You earnestly, but not as earnestly as I ought to. Put in me the desire to seek You with all of my heart. Let my soul be completely satisfied in You alone. Cause my heart to sing for joy as I meditate on You and Your deeds. Thank You for upholding me. You have been so faithful in guarding my steps. For the sake of Your name, please guard my heart. Guard my steps. Let me be fully satisfied in You so I look no where else. I love You. Help me love You more.

No comments: