Friday, June 06, 2008

Blessings overflowing

God has continued to pour out His abundant blessings. One of my good friends (Micah) has been looking for a job for quite a while now. I was talking with him last night and telling him how I had not been spending nearly the amount of time that I should be spending in prayer for him and the job situation. On the way to school today, I had an excellent opportunity to do so. Actually, it was one of the best commutes I've had in a long time. I was listening to a really old CD from Asuza Pacific University Choir. There were a couple songs where scripture was read. I recognized John 1 and Isaiah 40, but I'm pretty sure there was more than that. Anyway, it was a great mixture of songs and the Word--very much encouraging. Well, God answered that prayer for a job in an awesome way. He got a doorman/valet parking job at a 5-star hotel! That totally made my day! I am looking forward to tomorrow! We are helping move some people into their house from South Carolina. He is going to be our assistant pastor... such an awesome guy! We had the privilege of having them in our home for dinner the last time they were out here. It was such a fun time of fellowship. It's hard to believe that they are finally here! :) I've been reading in Judges the last several days. There really hasn't been a whole lot that I felt was pleasant to share (not that it needs to be pleasant). I find it strange that after all the ways that God has delivered the people of Israel, they still turn two their idols. It does serve as a good reminder to me that I am definitely not above falling in a major way. God has continually pursued me, and without that... I don't know where I'd be. He is the only good that comes from me, so my full dependence is on Him and needs to remain that way. Keep me in prayer as I strive to be obedient to what He teaches me through the Word.

1 comment:

Hillary Hipps said...

That is really neat! It never ceases to amaze me that God would even listen to our prayers, let alone answer them!