Monday, November 24, 2008

Presenting a Heart of Wisdom

I am very grateful for Thanksgiving break. I actually get the entire week off minus one class tomorrow morning! It really isn't a week off in that I have a whole lot of work to do, but I am very thankful that I have time to work on my projects and papers. God is good! It's hard to believe that I will be graduating in less than 30 days (Lord willing). I read Psalm 90 this evening and found verse 12 to be very practical and encouraging.
So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom.

The verse is very simple, but very important as well. It is important to realize that we do not know how many days we have on earth. I was thinking about this the other day when I was driving by a road construction area. They had several huge tractors digging up the road and dumping it to the right. I was thinking about how one wrong move could cause that huge metal digging thing (whatever they call it) to go right into me. The same could happen with a car or truck on the freeway. It really doesn't take much. It serves as a good reminder to me that I need to make good use of my time here and be wise in my decisions.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yay for Thanksgiving break!! :) And yes, it is so important to make good use of our time. I was reading a book the other day and it said something that has a similar idea. It said, "Stand to the moment, my son. . .Not to the day nor to the year, but only to the moment. And so, moment by moment, to the days and the years."

Thanks for the reminder, and keep pressing on! By His grace, you'll make it! :D ;)

Stephanie said...

"Huge metal digging thing"? :)

Thank you for posting that verse - it was timely, because quarters (not the money...the college quarters) have brought a whole new meaning to "time flies", to me. It's like, one minute you're here, and the next minute you're there. It's amazingly wonderful, yet a sobering reminder that we don't know how much time we have here.