Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Two New Experiences

School has been rough the last couple weeks, but God has been good. I took a test on Tuesday for Discrete Math and it was nothing like I expected it to be. I hate that! I know that God is in control though... and humility is a good thing. I honestly thought I got something like 65%, but I ended up with 76%. While I am very much less than thrilled with the grade, I am thankful for His help and grace while keeping me humble. You may find this to be funny, but I had two new experiences today. The first one was that I played ping pong at school. Since I started going to La Sierra, I have not participated in any extra things other than baseball. A guy that is in most of my classes asked if I wanted to play ping pong when we got out of lab early today, so I did. I have had quite a few opportunities to talk with him about stuff that really matters. I am quite confident that he is a Christian and is growing in the Lord. It has been a great blessing to see God working in his heart over the last couple years. The second new thing is that I went to the music practice rooms for the first time since I've been at La Sierra. When I was at Cal Baptist, I used to spend at least 30 minutes a day in the practice rooms. It was time that I was able to spend alone with Him. I really miss that time. I had some extra time where I didn't need to be cramming material in my head for a test or something, so I spent over a half hour in there. It was very much refreshing. I'm not sure how profitable the ping pong time was although I was surprised when I met a couple other guys that were freshmen... they both said, "I think you are the first senior that I've met." This was encouraging to me in that it reminded me that as a senior, I do have a little bit more natural influence than I would otherwise. It was good making a couple new connections with guys and learning about them. If you would pray that God would open some doors of opportunity to talk with them more about Him, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not big on the social life there (obviously), but I do want to make an impact for Him. I know that it is easy to get sucked into all the trash out there, so I need His wisdom and guidance to balance this with my time spent alone with Him.

No comments: