Friday, December 26, 2008

His Leading Amazes Me

I'll be honest... there are sometimes that I feel like He is no where to be found, and other times where I feel like HE is guiding each and every step. I know that it isn't because He is changing... because He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). So either it is me, or He is choosing to use that sense of separation to draw me closer to Himself... regardless, His character is unchanging. A few days ago, God laid an old friend on my heart. I hadn't seen him for probably 4 or 5 years. I decided to search for him on facebook. I wasn't able to locate him on there, so I prayed for him and then gave up trying to find him. Well, I saw him at In N' Out today. Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was him or not, but I felt the Lord leading me to go and talk with him. I knew I should even though I might really make a fool of myself. Anyway, I did go and talk with him and it was him. :) I'm really not sure where he is at spiritually, and I don't know when we will get in contact again, but it was such an amazing thing to see how God had prepared my heart to be ready to go and talk with him when otherwise, I probably would have not talked with him if he didn't come and talk to me. It is such a huge blessing that we serve a God that is alive and active. He leads us wherever He chooses... and His ways are best! All of this to say... when He nudges your heart, listen and obey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. God is good! He does what ever He wants and well, it just amazes me! Great blog here! I've seen you as the moderator on The Rebelution and I saw that you were online so I clicked your profile and I was like "cool, Daniel has a blog!" So I got to here! This is amazing! You can be sure I will be coming back here. I've already read alot of the posts and they've really been a blessing. Keep up the good work! This is a great blog and remember that for doing these things you have a reward in heaven. This blog is on my favorites list right by The Rebelution! Really, this is a great blog and you're doing a great job here... I'm going to tell me friends about it... :) God Bless you, Daniel. :)