Monday, December 29, 2008

A Test of Trust

Work went well today. We did quite a few format/re-installs today in order to be more productive. I've been working on fixing a website for another company as well. It is a little bit of a pain, but I am learning quite a bit. :) This evening, something upset me a great deal... probably more than anything has ever before. This is not at all a common occurrence, but I was truly upset. Part of it was probably selfish, but I know that much of it wasn't. I'll be honest, my first reaction was to come to the computer seeking someone to pray for me. Thankfully, there wasn't really anyone online. I say thankfully not because I don't need prayer support. I absolutely need prayer support, but I need Him most of all. He chose to not allow others to be available so that I would turn 100% to Him. He gave me Jeremiah 17. I started to read... not remembering what was in there. Verses 7-10 were exactly what I needed to hear.

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit. The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give to each man according to his ways, according to the results of his deeds.

After reading this, I couldn't help but play the song, "Give Me Jesus" by Fernando Ortega. In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus... when I am alone, give me Jesus... when I come to die, give me Jesus... you can have all this world, but give me Jesus. I sat here in my chair and just wept. I don't tell you this because it's not often that a guy cries. I tell you this because He gives overwhelming peace and help in time of need, and I must not keep it to myself. He completely turned my heart from being completely upset to wanting nothing other than Him. He is all that any of us need!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how it is to feel so shaken, and yet so overwhelmed by the love and mercy of our God. He is truly the One in every time of need. I hope that everything is alright at the Osborne home - you (and your family) will be in my prayers.