Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Waiting on Him

I have been waiting for the last couple weeks to hear back from Cal Baptist regarding that interview that I had with the Vice President. I finally decided last Friday that it was time to give them a call and see what's up. I still haven't heard, so I am working hard and waiting on Him. I am sure that they are busy, but it would be nice to hear back sometime. :) I look forward to what God is going to do there. I do really want the job, but regardless, His will is always best. I was thinking about Psalm 40:1-4 today.
I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and will trust in the LORD. How blessed is the man who has made the LORD his trust, and has not turned to the proud, nor to those who lapse into falsehood.

Sometimes waiting on Him is difficult, and other times, He makes the whole process quite peaceful. These last few weeks have been so filled with His perfect peace regarding the job situation. God granted His peace and help in the phone interview, the interview with the IT board, and the interview with the Vice President. Regardless of if I get the job or not, He has used this as a great source of encouragement. I think the greatest blessing from trusting in Him as Psalm 40 says is that when we fully trust Him, we have no need to fear. I find it rather amazing that He has allowed me to not even worry about whether I get this job or not because His will is perfect and will be done regardless of us humans. He guides the decision makers to His best choice. I am so thankful for His protection of my heart in helping me wait on Him over these last few weeks.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Daniel,
I was so blessed by this post. My mom and I had a conversation just yesterday about waiting on the Lord, even when it's painful or we think that we now what's right...We can put our needs, future etc. in God's hands and he will guide us

God Bless,
Josh