Saturday, May 30, 2009

Here we go!

I leave in a few hours for the airport. It is kind of hard to believe that I am actually going! I greatly covet your prayers as I set out to enter the mostly unknown. I have such peace knowing that He is in complete control. At the same time, I have very little peace knowing that my heart is prone to wander. I need to be completely dependent on Him more than ever before. I am thrilled to go out to Germany... there will be many opportunities both for good and evil. My heart must be completely focused on Him throughout this trip. I was playing piano a few minutes ago... "People Need the Lord". I was thinking about the lyrics... "We are called to take His light, to a world where wrong seems right. What could be too great a cost, for sharing life with one that's lost?" It is absolutely true, the world is full of people and things that make wrong seem right. It is our job to share His light in a loving, but unrestrained way. We can't put a cost on eternally significant things like sharing the message of the gospel. Please continue to pray for me... for the hearts of the guys... for the hearts of the coaches. I am thrilled, but I need His help.

4 comments:

Laura Ansley said...

Daniel,
it is so neat to watch God work in the hearts and lives of my friends. =) It has really been neat to watch you seek him through everything, and how he honors you and puts everything in place. His ways are so perfect!
Praying for you.

Josh said...

I will definitely be praying for you... God bless,Josh

Sarah Peña said...

Praying for you Daniel. Please don't stop posting while you're gone. I love visiting you blog and I learn so much from everything you say! :)

Sarah

Miss Sarah Jean said...

Found your blog through the rebelution. That's awesome that you get to go to Germany. Even better is that you see this as a missions opportunity.
Blessings to you on your trip!
All for HIS glory!