Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back from Germany!

I started writing blog posts probably about five times, but never finished any of them. Anyway, I am back from Germany. It was extremely challenging both physically and spiritually, but God was more than enough. Thank you for your prayers! I can't tell you how many ways God protected me. We ended up winning four games and losing two. God definitely blessed.

I am in the process of preparing to be a counselor at Awana camp. I have a wonderful co-counselor and am really looking forward to how the Lord will use the week in my heart as well as all the kids in my cabin. I am just starting to go through Romans and the epistles in preparation for camp. Tonight, I read the first four chapters of Romans... what a blessing! There is a whole lot in there, but verses 19-21 in chapter 4 really caught my attention.
Without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead since he was about a hundred years old, and the deadness of Sarah's womb; yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

I think this is one of the best definitions of faith in the Bible... "being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform." There are so many times that I doubt God... not because I don't think He can do it, but because I don't think He will. I try to take things into my own hands (much like Abraham did with Hagar), and things end up a mess. I need to have a heart that is "fully assured" that what He says He will do... He will do! I know faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, so I guess that just means that I need to be spending more time in the Word.

4 comments:

Tabitha said...

"There are so many times that I doubt God... not because I don't think He can do it, but because I don't think He will."
*sigh* Me too... Have to remember that the loving God we serve WILL supply our needs and take care of us better than we would care for ourselves. Knowing it is one thing, but living accordingly can be quite a different story.

Sarah Peña said...

"There are so many times that I doubt God... not because I don't think He can do it, but because I don't think He will. I try to take things into my own hands (much like Abraham did with Hagar), and things end up a mess."

Sounds like me! :)

I'm so glad you are back though Daniel!

Josh said...

Welcome back! Praise the Lord for keeping you safe...
Josh

Miss Sarah Jean said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I really needed that.
I am so glad that God blessed you during the time that you were in Germany. God is good!