Sunday, October 04, 2009

Being Content

Life has been super busy lately, but God has been good. There has been one pretty major change in my life... I decided to quit working on the IT side of the company I currently work for. I still work for the programming side of the company, but this will probably end in a cut in hours. This may not sound like a good thing, but I believe it is His best at this time. I am very thankful for His guidance and the godly counsel of my parents as well.

I was notified somewhat recently that I am part of a pool of 26 guys for USA Team Handball that will be chosen to travel around this next year for tournaments. I am still seeking His will in this, but it seems like He is opening the doors. I have a wonderful Friday and Saturday... us Osborne guys went camping with the Hearn guys up in the mountains. We kind of roughed it... played some frisbee... fished a lot... I took a spill out of the canoe with cell phone, wallet, etc. It really was a great trip.

During devotions this morning, we studied Philippians 4. Verses 11 and 12 is what really stuck out to me.
Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

This was a great reminder for me as I think about my work situation and how it really isn't where I see myself long-term... and yet it is where He has me right now. I need a good dose of contentment that comes only through Him. He is good and His ways are perfect!

No comments: