Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Once Again!

I can't believe it is Thanksgiving again already. I think Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday of the year... great food, lots of fun... football, and giving of thanks. I find that giving thanks blesses me far more than I can imagine it blessing the person I'm thanking. When I start thinking of all the blessings that He has poured out on me through an individual or situation, my heart overflows with joy. Just off the top of my head, these are some of the things I am thankful for in this last year.

He did an incredible work for me to find favor in the eyes of several instructors so that they graciously made a way for me to graduate last December. He has given me a good job... not one I see myself in for forever, but He has graciously allowed me to remain there until I move on. He has given me an amazing family... I can't imagine what it would be like to grow up without a dad and mom that both seek to honor Him and teach me to do the same. He opened the doors for me to play team handball on the national team... so undeserved, but clearly His blessing. He has continually changed my heart through His Word and the teaching of Pastor Tim. He has given me the opportunity to serve Him with music at church and elsewhere... something I absolutely love to do! He has brought so many godly friends into my life to encourage me in the Lord. He has forgiven my sins! He remains faithful when I am faithless! He pursues and guides my heart. He gives me only His very best for me. He gives infinite mercy and grace. He graciously gives me a lack of peace when I am not walking closely with Him. He freely grants perfect peace when I rest in the shadow of His wings. He has blessed me with life and breath. He has given me eyes to see just glimpses of His majesty. He has given me ears to hear and enjoy the praises of His people. He has given me a mouth to sing and proclaim His praises. I could go on forever. He is so good!!! Thank You, Lord!

I pray that this thanksgiving was a blessing to you as it was to me. I know that the world is not exactly how we would like it to be at the moment, but God has blessed us in so many ways. We must give thanks with all our hearts (Psalm 138:1).

No comments: