Sunday, November 15, 2009

Stand and see... go out and fight!

I think I will officially stop making excuses about life being busy. I think you can just assume that from now on. ;) God has been good! There are so many things that He has blessed me with lately... Bible study at Cal Baptist has been a continual blessing, leading the church choir has been a great blessing and growing experience... so much fun to sing to the Lord in harmony, I have been learning a good amount with these online classes that I'm taking, the Rebelution forum team has continually blessed and encouraged me, etc. He is so good! There are many challenges in life right now, but it is definitely a time of growth in my heart. I am excited about what He is doing even though I really don't fully understand what He is doing. I was reading 2 Chronicles 20 this evening as I was thinking of a passage that was applicable to both waiting on Him and to doing what He has called me to do. Take a look at verses 3-4 and 14-18.
Jehoshaphat was afraid and turned his attention to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. So Judah gathered together to seek help from the LORD; they even came from all the cities of Judah to seek the LORD ... Then in the midst of the assembly the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, the Levite of the sons of Asaph; and he said, "Listen, all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: thus says the LORD to you, 'Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's. 'Tomorrow go down against them. Behold, they will come up by the ascent of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the valley in front of the wilderness of Jeruel. 'You need not fight in this battle; station yourselves, stand and see the salvation of the LORD on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem ' Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out to face them, for the LORD is with you." Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell down before the LORD, worshiping the LORD.

What I need most is to fully turn to Him as the source of all that I need. The battle belongs completely to Him. It's a mystery that He calls us to "stand and see the salvation of the Lord" at the same time that He calls us to "go out to face them". I may not know the details in how He will work everything out, but I am confident that I will end up face down before the Lord, worshiping Him.

No comments: