Friday, October 10, 2008

No Complaining?!?

We had Bible study again tonight. It continues to be a blessing and encouragement... especially after a long week of school and stress. It's so refreshing to set there with like-minded believers and sing together, pray together, listen to the Word together. It really is a highlight of my week. We are still studying Revelation. Looking at the letters to the churches... it is so important that we are living for Him. There is such amazing blessing for those that stay true until the end! The world with all it's pleasures is nothing in comparison to the infinite riches that come with a life lived completely for Him!

Philippians 2 has been a blessing these last few days. A couple things that really stood at to me are in verses 1-3 and 14-16.

Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves.

Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.
From verses 1-3, I am reminded of the importance of having the same mind. As Pastor Tim would say... pulling in the same direction. I am also reminded of how important it is to be humble and put others first. What a difference it would make in conflicts and stuff if we would just humble ourselves and put the other person above ourselves. From verses 14-16, I am reminded that I am to do everything without grumbling (complaining). I've been thinking about that. How often do I complain about having so much homework and all of that? The whole point of not complaining is to show others that I am a child of God. Practically speaking, I think just being obedient to that one command would make a huge impact on the people around us. When they see us going through hard times and yet we don't complain about it... what an awesome testimony to God's unlimited faithfulness!

No comments: