Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First Interview

It is pretty weird I guess that I have never had to apply for a job... and never had to have an interview. God simply placed the opportunities in my lap. I cannot thank Him enough. While I absolutely love my job, I think the responsible thing for me is to pursue other jobs that are closer to my goal (being able to support a family and buy a house). I must say... it's an interesting balance trying to be completely content, and yet not settling for less than He wants me to pursue. Anyway, I had my first interview today (over phone) and God blessed. I thought twenty minutes would be a long time... we ended up talking for nearly a half hour. :) Honestly, I was quite nervous, but He completely calmed me down during the interview. He is good! I will be scheduling a time for an in-person interview and an exam probably sometime next week. I can't wait! Pray that His will be done and that I would accept it fully regardless of the outcome.

I have been studying Romans the last few days. I read Romans 5 a couple times today. I know it's nothing new, but verse 7-10 are such a wonderful picture of what He did for us.
For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

One thing that Pastor Tim often reminds us of is that we always need the gospel. No matter what situation we are in, we need to hear the gospel. It's not just something that we need to go and tell people that don't know Him personally (although that is extremely important), but it is something we need to constantly be mowing over in our minds. I find it amazing that no matter how many times I hear this, it does not get old. It's an incredible thing to give your life for someone, but I am going to die anyway (unless He comes again first). He was perfect... He didn't need to die and yet He chose to save me when I rejected Him. When I told Him to back off so that I could do things my own way... He loved me and died for me. When I tell Him that I want to do things my own way now, He still loves me and offers forgiveness. Two words come to mine... Amazing Grace!

No comments: