Sunday, May 18, 2008

The weekly blog...

This is starting to become a once per week event. I really should start blogging more... so much lost information. :D Anyway, it's been a very busy week (a couple exams and projects). I didn't do well on one of them (database design), but God is in control. One of the guys said... "that was the hardest exam I have taken in my life." I wouldn't go quite that far, but it was definitely a hard exam. Hardness isn't really a good excuse for doing poorly on an exam... if I would have known it inside and out, I could have done well on it (I think). The one thing that I know to be true is that if I had studied more, I wouldn't have been studying the right things. At church, pastor Tim talked about how understanding the seriousness of sin, God's perfect righteousness, and the judgement that we all would face without Christ should drive us to a proper fear of the Lord. I was thinking about the humility of Paul and how he claimed to be the chief of all sinners... I think my sin must go off of the sin scale (not that there is a sin scale). It really is amazing that God chooses to love and forgive me after all that I have done that offends Him deeply. I can't even imagine how much I have hurt Him after the infinite love that He has shown me. I want a godly fear of Him that comes from a clear understanding of who He really is... which comes from reading the Word and being obedient. I can't put into words how thankful I am for His grace, but so often, I am directly disobedient to Him which shows the utmost ungratefulness for what He has done for me. I need Him to help me be completely obedient.

No comments: