Tuesday, June 07, 2011

He Meets Our Needs

I was thinking last night about some of my frustrations with lack of young men my age with whom I can have continual fellowship. I was reminded that if He is the One who is daily bearing all my burdens, He needs to hear what they are. Yes, He knows my burdens better than I know them, but He commands us to cast our cares on Him--to leave them at His feet and let Him do with them as He deems best. I had kind of forgotten about that today until the Lord totally met those needs. He blessed with the opportunity to spend some time with a good friend of mine this morning for about an hour and then received a text message from another friend asking if I had time for lunch. The Lord graciously worked it out in such a way that I worked extra yesterday and was able to take an extra long lunch today. I am so convicted of my slowness in taking things to Him in prayer. God, give me the humility to take all to You in urgent prayer. I can't afford to be self-relient in any way. Cause me to be constantly giving You all my cares so that You can carry me. Thank You for being such a gracious and loving heavenly Father. You truly do lead me by still waters and restore my soul.

No comments: