Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Remember

I have been continually amazed by God's goodness these last several weeks. I am so undeserving of His blessings and yet He is continually blessing. I had the opportunity to go to a pretty important meeting for work the other day. I really enjoy those kinds of meetings where I am listening to different people and gathering information on what we need to do in order to develop the software to meet the needs of different people. I was surprised when I was asked to go because I am the newest member of the development team... certainly not the smartest or most talented. My boss said that he would probably be using me for more meetings like this in the future. I was praying before the meeting that God would put a guard over my mouth. It is so easy to say too much or too little in these meetings. It really is one of those things where I have to be constantly dependent on Him for wisdom. I am very thankful to the Lord for His blessing in this regard... I am definitely undeserving of it, but very thankful.

This evening I was reading in Deuteronomy 32... such a beautiful passage about the character of God.
Is not He your Father who has bought you? He has made you and established you. Remember the days of old, Consider the years of all generations. Ask your father, and he will inform you, Your elders, and they will tell you. When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, When He separated the sons of man, He set the boundaries of the peoples according to the number of the sons of Israel. For the Lord's portion is His people.
I needed this reminder tonight of being owned by Him. He is the one that sets our boundaries. He is the one that establishes us. The cool thing about this is that since He has always been faithful, there is not an earthly father that you can't ask about God and His work... and if they are truthful, they can't deny His work and His faithfulness. They can't deny that His boundaries are in fact best. There is so much rest in that. He is our Rock! All His work is perfect. He has never once been unjust. God, help me to remember your character so that I love You how I ought to.

No comments: