Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Faithfulness

I went down to Murrieta to work on a guy's computer... kind of a side job. Anyway, it was a little frustrating. I was just trying to install a new hard drive and install windows xp on it... simple right? For some reason, it wouldn't boot from CD... when I finally got it to boot from CD, it wouldn't recognize the hard drive. It was being a royal pain! Soo... I am going back tomorrow night to see if I can get this thing working. God was good in that I got 4/5 on my quiz today. I realize that is a B... and I don't particularly enjoy B's, but these quizzes are very difficult (very specific questions based on like 50 pages of reading at times). Anyway, I am very thankful for that. I just started reading Judges as of yesterday... Judges 2:6-7 caught my attention.

When Joshua had dismissed the people, the sons of Israel went each to his inheritance to possess the land. The people served the LORD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders who survived Joshua, who had seen all the great work of the LORD which He had done for Israel.


When I think of the nation of Israel in Biblical times, I think of a nation that is constantly falling away from the Lord. While this is true, take a look at the above verses. Reflecting on my ups and downs in my walk with the Lord, it is very possible that the nation of Israel was more faithful to Him than I am (at least at times like this). It is amazing that after all God has done for me, I still choose to be disobedient to Him at times. It doesn't make any sense. It is exactly the same thing as saying... "God, I really would rather not have your best." This sounds completely stupid... and it is... but we do it all the time. My prayer is that God would constantly remind us that He has our best interests in mind even when we feel the urge to do things our own way.

No comments: