Sunday, March 09, 2008

Children's Church

I was given the opportunity to teach children's church for the first time. It was a very good and interesting experience. I taught about making promises that we can't keep. We studied in the gospels where Peter tells Jesus that he wouldn't deny Him. We did a few songs at the beginning. Honestly, I thought I was going to run out of things to say. I have this amazing ability (if that is what you want to call it) to condense everything that I can think of to say to an extremely short period of time. haha Well, that definitely wasn't the case. We finished the song time, and did the memory verse, and I got through not much more than half of what I was planning on saying before church let out. I did get through the main point, so I brought it to a closure. I wish I could have done a better job at tying it to Biblical truths rather than just those examples of Peter. Anyway, I think it went pretty well overall. It was a good experience. We had a good time going out ot eat with my grandparents for a late celebration of Christina's birthday. I find our conversations to be so empty sometimes. It is very hard to get a good conversation going with them. They need God! Please keep them in prayer for that, as well as my grandpa... he is having his other knee replaced on Wed. This evening, we went to the women's choir concert. It was a blessing. The one thing that really bothered me during the concert was that the director seemed so focused on the music and professionalism that it distracted from the focus on God. I sensed that it also rubbed off on some of the girls. It still was a blessing to me. :) Well, I have one more week of class before finals! I have a whole lot to do before I am ready for finals. It's going to be a crazy week. Please pray that I would be fully dependent on Him.

No comments: