Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring break continues...

I played basketball this morning. I was definitely a bit tired afterwards considering I got about 3.5 hours of sleep. I took a nice long nap though. I'm pretty confident now that naps are not for the kids, naps are for the adults. Thinking over the years of being a kid, I never remember needing a nap, and my parents never made me nap either. I have taken more naps in the last year than I have probably my entire life combined (if you don't count the naps that every baby takes). haha Anyway, I am greatly enjoying the time off. I really didn't do a whole lot today. I had a couple good studies in the Word today. It is such a blessing to be un-rushed. I can actually slow down and think about the things that I really want to think about rather than cramming my head with school information. I'm not saying that school information is useless, otherwise I wouldn't be paying the big bucks for it... but it can definitely be a hardship when it comes to focusing on God. I can't tell you how thankful I am for the commute to school and back. It provides a quiet time where I can settle down and focus on Him. I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite verses from Psalm 139 (verses 23 and 24).

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.

It isn't always pleasant, but is always refreshing to let God search the deepest parts of our heart. This can be a two-edged sword. If we allow God to reveal the things to us that we need to repent of, and we do not repent, we are cutting off the Holy Spirit! We must listen to what He says, and be completely obedient no matter how hard it is. This is essential for spiritual growth!

No comments: