Tuesday, October 16, 2007

An awesome day!

Today was one of those days that you wish you could repeat over and over again. :) I got plenty of sleep last night due to the fact that I had absolutely no homework to do (the one good thing about exams). I got to spend a good amount of un-rushed time in the Word before my sign language class. After sign language, I still didn't have homework because I had already finished it, so dad and I went to the park and I got to do some hitting practice (I love my dad). I have totally changed some things about my swing, so it took a while to get adjusted, but I am happy with the results thus far. If that wasn't enough fun for the day, I actually got to sit down and read a few chapters in "Shadow of the Almighty" by Elisabeth Elliot. I found much encouragement in these quotes from Jim Elliot.

God is going to give me a specific leading--not when I ask for it, but when I need it, and not until then.

Anything, good as it may be, put before my study of the true and living Word, becomes a snare and I must assiduously avoid such, if the Word is to be my fresh meat every morning.

Rest in this--it is His business to lead, command, impel, send, call, or whatever you want to call it. It is your business to obey, follow, move, respond, or what have you.


I can't tell you how encouraging it is to read something like this! What a great example of faith and obedience! Looking at Jim Elliot's life, he had such a short life, but look at the example that he left for us. His life was not a wasted life. May we be courageous enough to be obedient to Christ at all costs so as to spur others on to obedience as well.

No comments: