Wednesday, October 24, 2007

No class!

I played basketball this morning... and I think I played just about as well as I ever have, and we still lost both games. I guess it just goes like that sometimes. My calculus teacher didn't show up today. This week has been long, so I really am not complaining about this. I got quite a bit of studying done for physics, but I still have a lot more to do. I took Christina to choral union today and had dinner at Cal baptist, which was joyous as usual. I had my first real (first-hand)MAC troubleshooting experience today. I was always told that everything "just works." Well, this isn't true. Actually, the internet wouldn't have worked if it were not for firefox saving the day (Safari fails life). Anyway, I got the internet working in Ally & Lauren's apartment. They didn't have internet since the semester began, so I'm glad they don't have to go outside and sit on the stair case and hope for wireless to work anymore.

Ephesians 4:14-16 caught my attention today.

As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.


We must press on to know God's Word in such a way as to not be deceived by the constant false doctrine that is thrown at us. When it says that we are to speak the truth in love, I think we are to hit these false doctrines head-on, but do it with Christ-like love. The result of this is growth of the body of Christ. Let's press on to know the truth and then speak it boldly in love!

No comments: