Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Long, but productive

I played basketball again today after not playing for a couple days. It was a lot of fun as usual (especially since my shot was on today). :) I had calculus class this morning which I actually enjoy to some extent. Overall, it was a very profitable day, I got a lot of studying done for physics during choral union. Eating at the cafeteria with some music students (some of which are in the Bible study as well) was a lot of fun. This evening, I went to a deaf event for my sign language class. We basically talk to deaf people and other students in sign language... it is actually fun. :) I just finished writing my report for that so that I can turn it in tomorrow.

I was encouraged by Galatians 6 today.


7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.
10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.


It is easy to get tired of doing good when the majority of other people don't hold to the same standards. This is to be expected, but still can be wearisome. This passage was exactly what I needed today. It is a blessing knowing that our efforts are not in vain, and that we will reap what we sow. Let us continue to sow seeds of righteousness and godliness!

No comments: