Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Teach me to love

I found myself in awe of God's love. I kind of let my mind wander as I thought about 1 Cor. 2:9 which says that "... things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and which have not entered the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him." I don't know about you, but I can imagine a lot of wonderful things, but God has prepared something far greater than we can even imagine. His love is too amazing for words to describe. I was thinking of the hymn called "The Love of God".

Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above,
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

What an amazing picture. The ocean filled with ink, the whole sky is paper, everyone writing about the love of God, and still not having enough resources to fully express what His love is like. It really is over-whelming. God, teach us to love how You love.

No comments: