Thursday, October 04, 2007

More work...

Well, it has been a busy week. I am glad that it is almost over, but I have a lot of homework to do. I find it amazing that with the seemingly unending homework, God always pushes me through. God is good!

I thought I'd share a little bit of 1 John 2.
15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the
lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
17 The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.

These few verses really put the things of this world under the magnifying glass. We can be so focused on things that don't count for eternity. We need to be "...the one who does the will of God..." Several years ago, I wrote a song based on these verses.

I’ve found so many things to seek for that are of this world,
But they don't seem to matter, when I think about the cross,
Where You poured out Your blood for me,
And the only thing that I can do, is to give you my life,
And to surrender all I have, and to say,

I give my life to You, Lord,
And I give to You my heart,
I give you all my strength, Lord,
And I give you all my praise,
I give my life to You, Lord,
And I give to You my heart,
I give you all my strength, Lord,
And I give you all my praise,
For you are God,
You are God.

No comments: