Friday, October 26, 2007

Lots of excercise

This morning, I actually got to play basketball without the rush of having to get to class at 7:50 am. It was one of those days that the ball just bounced the right way. I ended up winning all three games. I lost both games last time, so I guess it just goes that way sometimes. After that, I got to go out with pastor Tim and talk about life, and what God is doing--what a great encouragement he is. Then I went to the gym and worked out a little bit for baseball. I figure that I should be getting ready since practices start in December (yay!). This evening I ran around the lake (2.2 miles). I am a short distance person (50 yards sounds like a great race). Honestly, I was almost positive that I couldn't run that far without stopping, but I made it. Bible study was canceled this evening due to a power outage at Cal baptist. I think it was probably best anyway since Mr. Babb has been working 12 hr shifts due to the fires. I am definitely thankful for people like him--that would be exhausting! He can certainly use our prayers.

I finally made a web version of the Verse Memorization Tool. For those of you that don't know about this, Pastor Tim asked me to make a little program for verse memorization. The technique that he finds most effective is taking the first letter of each word in the verse to help you remember, and yet still make you think hard enough to memorize it in a relatively short amount of time. If you are interested, shoot me an email. :)

I read Ephesians 6 today (this is the passage that talks about the spiritual armor). Verse 18-20 caught my attention.

With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.


The concept of praying at all times in the Spirit seems to be impossible; however, I have found that it really isn't that difficult. When we are focused on God, we are in constant communication with Him. It is a matter of continually communicating to God what my heart condition is, and asking Him to change my heart to desire what He desires. Paul sets a great example for us in wanting prayer for boldness. Here he is in prison, and he is still not giving up. He is pressing on to make the gospel known even in chains! Let us be an example to others with our boldness to proclaim the gospel.

No comments: