Tuesday, October 23, 2007

God is above all

We got an email concerning my great uncle Bert today. The ranch (the mobile home park that he owns) had 47 mobile homes, the office, and the barn burn down in the fire. Needless to say, it is a hard time for them. My prayer is that God would use this to draw them to Himself. When things like this happen, it really puts life in perspective for me. There are so many things in life that really don't matter. Eternity isn't one of them. I got sick the other day from breathing dust all night (I didn't realize all this dust was blowing in and I was breathing it), but it is so minor compared to things that people are having to deal with. I am reminded that God has a purpose for all of these trials. "What man intends for evil, God intends for good."

I was encouraged by these words from Ephesians 3:20-21.
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

We have such a powerful God. It gives me such incredible peace knowing that He is able to do far more than I can even imagine. Hope in Christ is the one thing that will never fail. Please continue to pray for hearts to be opened to the gospel, and for people to share it with them.

No comments: