Thursday, October 25, 2007

It is Officially Smoky!

All my classes are canceled until Monday. We did not really have smoke this morning. It was above us, but not really in the air near the ground. Now, it has come to ground level and I don't find it too enjoyable. Having said this, I realize that I have absolutely nothing to complain about. There are so many people that have lost almost everything. At Cal baptist yesterday, I got to talk with a friend that lives near the fire. He said that the fire came within 100 feet of his house, but didn't touch his house. Unfortunately, most of his neighbor's houses burned down, but I praise the Lord that his house was left untouched. God is good!

Ephesians 5:15-16 was a much needed reminder today.
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil.

Honestly, I didn't get much done today. God knew that I needed these verses this evening. I really do need to make better use of my time. I can't say that I wasted my time on anything in particular. I just avoided my responsibilities (homework). It is essential that I am diligent with the responsibilities that God has given me, not only because it is what He commands, but it prepares me for dealing with my future responsibilities as a husband, father, and provider in my home. That seems like such an overwhelming responsibility. It truly will be an act of God if I am ever able to fulfill those roles like my dad does. I need to press on to make the most of the time God has given me (prayers to this end are always appreciated).

No comments: