Thursday, February 07, 2008

I got to play!

Well, God was gracious in several ways today. I left a little late for school and caught some construction traffic which made me about 8 minutes late to physics class. When I walked in, everyone was taking a quiz. I had no idea that we had a quiz. I started working away, and then a couple minutes later, he turned it into a group discussion quiz. One of the guys was like, well... since you haven't had time to do all the problems, I'd recommend these answers (he told us that we could change answers). So, I ended up with 9/12 rather than probably 4/12. God is good! Another blessing was that I got to play left field today. I had prayed the other day that I would get to play, and God answered that by coach putting me as the designated hitter. I wasn't expecting to play today, I was hoping to be designated hitter again... but I got to play left field!!! I wasn't feeling too confident during warm ups... especially because the sun was really bright and exactly where most pop flys would go. I actually lost it in the sun and tipped it into my head as I ducked for cover. It was just way too bright. Thankfully, I didn't have any of those during the game; however, I was involved in a lot of plays. It was a blast! God also blessed in the area of batting. I went 3 for 4 with one double which raised my batting average to .500! :) We lost pretty badly, but it was a lot of fun. We play the University of Redlands tomorrow. I may have the opportunity to pitch because we have pretty much used up all of our pitchers in the three games these last two days. I haven't pitched in a long time, so we'll see how that goes (if it happens). Please continue to pray for opportunities to have serious conversations with other guys. Also, please pray that God would continue to cleanse my mind of the things that are not honoring to Him. I find that filling my mind with God honoring music, and with the Word really helps in this area. :)

No comments: