Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The week continues

Believe it or not, I got 12 hours of sleep last night. I decided not to go to Awana since I am sick, so I was going to sleep for a few hours (6 - 9 pm or so) and then do some homework. Well, I didn't wake up until 4:30 am. It is a good thing that I did, because I didn't set an alarm. I remembered that when I woke up, set it for 6 am, and crashed for another couple hours. I woke up still a little sick, but very refreshed. This evening was very profitable. I got my physics homework done for Thursday and wrote three papers. God is good! I have a very large project due on Friday which I have barely started. Prayers to that end would be great. Honestly, I really don't know what I'm doing. I haven't got much out of Jeremiah in the last couple days, but 1 John has been a continual blessing to me. Pastor Tim reminded us on Sunday that we are not to be dependent on others. We must fully depend on Christ alone for everything. As soon as we start placing our dependence on others, we are placing undue expectations on them that are going to fail. We need to rely fully on God so that we are free to enjoy the great blessings that others bring to our lives without placing expectations on them that should be reserved for God, and God alone.

No comments: