Thursday, February 28, 2008

A God given opportunity!

I am still insanely busy, but God has been good in helping me complete the things that I need to finish. I have a physics quiz in the morning which I really don't have a good understanding on just yet. There was a malfunction in the computer system, so I ended up having to do four homework assignments tonight. I was able to finish my lab and write a paper yesterday afternoon. My computer teacher allowed us to work in the lab on our project instead of class which was a huge blessing. I have almost all of it done now... just some minor changes before debugging (fixing unknown problems). God gave me an incredible opportunity today. We had breakout worship today which is like chapel, but in a smaller group. The athletic director leads the one that I go to. Last time, he talked about what we mean when we say "I". Let's just say that it wasn't the most spiritually fulfilling topic I have ever listened to. Today's topic was about what it means when we say, "I am saved." So he went around the room and had each of us give an answer. It was very very sobering. There were about 35 of us or so, and I would say that all but three of us had something that was Biblical. This is a pretty good representation of the answers that other students said... I don't know what it means... I don't care what it means... it is a continual process... it is like when you almost get in a car accident, but you are saved from it... I don't think that God would send anyone to hell, so we shouldn't use that term... it is like having one day where you have absolutely no problems in life... it is where you go to heaven... it is a personal relationship with God. I was really happy to see that the last answer mentioned was from a guy on my team. Please pray for an opportunity to talk with him more about this. I think he is saved, but I would like to encourage him to stand firm. This whole thing gave me an awesome opportunity to share the gospel. We only had a few seconds to answer, so I crammed in as much as I could. I said that there are a couple kinds of salvation that we can think of... physical, and spiritual. Physical would be something like being saved from a car accident, but spiritual would be referring to being saved from sin. The payment for sin is death, so it requires a personal relationship with God who sent His Son to die on the cross to save us from our sin. I am praying that God will use this truth in the hearts of those in the room. A girl that spoke a few minutes later said that she really had no clue, but now she has a better idea of what it means. I don't know what she is leaning toward, but I am thankful for the opportunity to present the gospel when she is still searching. Not only was it a blessing to be able to share the gospel so openly with these other students, but I also got a survey of where people are at spiritually without having to do anything! :) Keep praying for opportunities! God is amazing!

1 comment:

Test said...

Glad you had the chance to share. Plant those seeds!!