Saturday, February 16, 2008

Relaxing Saturday

I posted a picture of my nephew here. Isn't he a cutie? Today was a very relaxing day. I really didn't do too much. I worked on the video camera for a while trying to fix it. I think I just need to get a head cleaner for it, but Target didn't have one. This evening, I spent some time with a couple friends and had dinner at their house. It was quite a bit of fun. I am looking forward to church tomorrow. It is going to be slightly weird without my family being there, but I guess I'll survive. As I read Jeremiah 43 and 44, I was captivated by God's grace on my life. For some reason, it is easy for me to get the idea that these people are different from myself, and God isn't like that today. These people are normal people that are not living for God, and God is the same yesterday, today, and forever! The people are undergoing a lot of judgment, and yet God has been extremely gracious to me... especially considering that we all deserve death. It is essential that we are obedient to His Word. If we truly want God's best for us, we will get it by obedience! It's simple, but we make it complicated by throwing in things that we think is better than God's best. We cannot beat God's best!

No comments: