Thursday, December 27, 2007

Back to work

I was able to work all day today. I didn't know what project I would be working on, but I was really happy to work on a project that I had worked on a year ago or so. It is a somewhat low priority project because we aren't really making money off this upgrade. Basically, it is computerizing all of the forms for building inspectors. There is a version from several years ago that is way out-dated, so my job is to basically reprogram the whole thing so that it is up-to-date. I did the majority of this project, so I really would like to see it get finished. If you are interested, there are some screenshots of the old version here. God really blessed my efforts today. I got a whole lot done! Mom had prepared my favorite meal--spaghetti. After dinner, we took down the outdoor Christmas lights and played some games together. I found Jeremiah 17:5-8 to be quite refreshing.
Thus says the LORD, "Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind And makes flesh his strength, And whose heart turns away from the LORD. "For he will be like a bush in the desert And will not see when prosperity comes, But will live in stony wastes in the wilderness, A land of salt without inhabitant. "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. "For he will be like a tree planted by the water, That extends its roots by a stream And will not fear when the heat comes; But its leaves will be green, And it will not be anxious in a year of drought Nor cease to yield fruit.

None of us would say that we want to be a bush in the desert, but how often do we trust in our own abilities? I love the fact that we have a God that is totally dependable. He promises that we will not cease to yield fruit if we place our trust in Him! I really do want to produce good fruit, and yet it is so hard to continually trust in Him. I like to know everything in advance, but He tends to give me just enough light for my next step. I know this is part of strengthening my faith in Him. I will trust in Him!

No comments: