Thursday, December 13, 2007

Boast in the Lord

I did my sign language final today. I would say it went well. I wasn't feeling too well last night, so I decided my blog could wait. I woke up feeling quite poorly, but God is good. I calculated my grade out today and figured out that I need a 85 on my final to get an A in physics. This may not sound hard, but I would say that getting a 60 on this exam will be hard. There is just so much to know! 35 on the exam gets me a B, so I don't really have to worry about getting worse than a B, but I really do want to get an A if I can. I am really looking forward to the break except for the fact that I am getting 2 wisdom teeth out next Thursday. I guess that will make up for all the fun I have on Wed. if I go skiing. I read in Jeremiah 9 today and verses 23 and 24 really caught my attention.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.

It is so easy for me to try to take the credit that belongs to God. For some reason, we tend to think that we deserve praise for what we have done, but every good and perfect thing comes from God (James 1:17). I struggle a little bit with the concept of boasting in our understanding of God as these verses say, because we cannot understand God unless He has revealed Himself to us. I think that this verse is saying that we should be examples in these areas of our life, and encourage others to do likewise. He alone is worthy of all of our praise!

No comments: