Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas!

It was a very relaxing Christmas. I really didn't do too much. We had good family devotions both this morning and this evening. We went to the park and I hit some baseballs. We enjoyed some family time. It was nice to not have anything to do for once! I spent some time looking into random grad schools. I figure that I should be doing some of that this year if I plan on going to one after I graduate. I am taking a detour from Jeremiah today. During our devotions, we talked about 1 Samuel 16:1.
And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.

This verse really caught my attention. For some reason, I tend to hang onto things that God has already given me a clear no answer on. This is part of the reason that I have chosen the title "Pressing On Toward the Goal." Sometimes God says no when I am looking for a yes, and then I decide that maybe that answer wasn't from God. I must learn to stop blinding myself with my own desires, and listen to God's perfect plan, and obey His voice without delay.

No comments: