Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Preparing for finals

I was able to practice doing the "Three Little Pigs" in sign language. I am pretty much ready (I think). Now I just need to study for the vocabulary and other conceptual things for the final. I decided that I am going to put most of my studying into sign language and calculus because I am really not seeing physics as very doable. We covered two more chapters today. There is no way that I can learn that amount of material in such a short time, so I think I need to focus on doing well in my other classes, and do what I can in physics after that. This is not a fun experience, but God is in control. When I came to Jeremiah 8:12 in my reading today, I was saddened by the truths of this verse. I definitely see this in the average Christian.
"Were they ashamed because of the abomination they had done? They certainly were not ashamed, And they did not know how to blush; Therefore they shall fall among those who fall; At the time of their punishment they shall be brought down,"
Says the LORD.

I see a huge movement toward unashamed sinfulness, especially among college aged kids. I just found out today that a guy in my sign language class is a Christian. I almost wish that I hadn't found that out, because he is constantly using really inappropriate language. I will see him one last time on Thursday, and I am praying about speaking with him about this. Now that I am aware of him professing to be a Christian, I think it is my responsibility to address this issue. Prayers for wisdom and good timing would be great! May God shine His pure light on our sinfulness so that we are ashamed and turn from it with our whole heart.

No comments: