Wednesday, December 26, 2007

He sees it all

We took down almost all of the Christmas decorations today. We usually wait until after New Years, but there is a lot of stuff going on with my sister's baby shower and all in January. Dad and I played some baseball again today. I have been concentrating on hitting the ball more in the sweet-spot on the bat. I feel pretty good about how the hitting practice went today. I want to go to the batting cages sometime and get some 80 mph practice. I am looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. The office is only going to be open Thursday and Friday of this week and next week, so I'm going to try to get in as many hours as I can. When I read Jeremiah 16:17 today, I was again reminded that He always sees everything!
For My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from My face, nor is their iniquity concealed from My eyes.

Because of God's abundant grace and mercy, I often take advantage of it. I end up living for myself because there are no immediate consequences. Looking at how God treated sin in the Bible and knowing that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever is something that should put a godly fear in our hearts. There were several people that were killed instantly because of their sin. That is what we deserve! Let's not take God's grace lightly.

No comments: