Saturday, December 15, 2007

Crazy Saturday

My older sister called me at 7:30 this morning. Usually I am pretty good at sounding awake even if I had been woken up by a phone call. I really don't mind being woken up by phone calls, so I don't want people to feel bad about it. Well, when I am sick, my awake-ness sound just doesn't work. I think I sounded like I was on my death bed or something. I was getting up at 8 anyway, but oh well. It was great getting to talk with her as always. After I got off the phone with her, dad and I went over to the field and I hit a bunch of balls. I am really looking forward to playing baseball! As soon as we finished that, Jonathan had a meeting for All-stars. Yes, Jonathan made all-stars!!! I am one proud older brother! He worked so hard this year. I realized that my tire had gone flat, so I got out the little pump and pumped it up enough to drive to the gas station and fill it up the rest of the way. Mom was doing some shopping at Costco anyway, so we went together. My tire was under warranty, so they would fix it for free. Well, it turns out that my rim had cracked somehow, so I needed to replace the rim. We called a bunch of places getting prices around $340 for the rim and they didn't have any, so they would have to order it--ouch! I started looking online and found one on eBay for $110. I called the guy to get some measurements and make sure that it would work. It turns out that he lives like an hour and a half away from me, so I went down there to pick it up. I found out later that he was a Christian, so that was an added blessing. Since I picked it up, he gave me a $10 discount which was also very cool! From there, I went over to a Costco in the area, and they put the old wheel on the new rim and balanced it. When I got home, I replaced the spare with the newly rimmed tire. It is slightly different, but hardly noticeable. Definitely not worth the $240. God was good! I didn't get a whole lot out of Jeremiah 11 today, but it definitely was a reminder that God takes sin very seriously.

No comments: