Wednesday, December 19, 2007

God's grace

It was nice to be able to sleep in a bit today. I woke up thinking about what classes I had today, then I remembered that I was done. I really didn't do much today. I spent a lot of time with my family which is always fun. Mom hasn't been feeling 100% for some reason, so I did some driving around to get some stuff that she would have normally gotten. I had to find a couple cards. I was actually surprised that she liked them. It took forever to find anything good! Jonathan and I are going skiing tomorrow! I am so excited. Actually, I should be in bed right now since we are leaving at like 5:45 am. I want to get there when they open if possible. As I was reading Jeremiah 14 today, I found it difficult to read. God's judgement on the land of Judah was very real. The thing that gets me is that I don't know what keeps God from doing that to me. I deserve judgement just as much as they do, yet He has shown such amazing grace. I definitely take His grace for granted. I have no idea what God's judgement really looks like (I don't really want to know either). I am just overwhelmed with God's love, forgiveness, and grace in my life when I deserve the opposite.

No comments: