Thursday, December 06, 2007

School stress continues

Classes today went quite well. Our lab actually came out nearly perfectly. Our highest error was 1.6% I consider that amazing. :) I have a lot of music to prepare for tomorrow night. We are doing something different at Bible study tomorrow. We are doing a prayer walk thing around campus, and singing a lot of songs. I am really looking forward to it, but I have a lot of preparation to do. I have a ton of work to do. It looks like we are cramming five chapters in before the final. I really don't know how I am going to make it. I could use some prayer in that regard. I really need to get a lot done in shorter than normal time. I really need God's help in understanding these concepts, and remembering how to solve the different types of problems. I must say that Jeremiah is not a pleasant book to read. At the same time, it contains some very good warnings for us. Take a look at God's plea to Israel in verses 1 and 2 of chapter 4.

"If you will return, O Israel," declares the LORD, "Then you should return to Me. And if you will put away your detested things from My presence, And will not waver, and you will swear, 'As the LORD lives,' In truth, in justice and in righteousness; Then the nations will bless themselves in Him, and in Him they will glory."

We want to be blessed and bring God glory, but we let ourselves get in the way. I find it so easy to be self-centered. Jesus was so focused on the needs of others. My prayer is that I would become keenly aware of the needs of others and have a constant awareness of where my heart is--focused on myself, or on God.

No comments: