Monday, November 26, 2007

Approval that matters

I am in need of sleep. I have been studying for my physics exam which was moved to tomorrow. I am having difficulty understanding a few concepts, but I am hoping that working out more problems tomorrow will fix that. As I read 2 Corinthians 10 today, the last two verses caught my attention.
But he who boasts is to boast in the Lord. For it is not he who commends himself that is approved, but he whom the Lord commends.

We all want the approval of others. I think of how I want a good grade on this physics exam... not just because I want an A in the class, but it wins the approval of others. Truth be told, I could get 100% on this exam tomorrow and not have God's approval. We must keep our focus on desiring God's approval. The approval of others does nothing except for make us proud (God is opposed to the proud). Let's work for His glory!

No comments: