Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A new bat!

I ordered a baseball bat yesterday afternoon with the free shipping option, and it came this morning! I was quite pleasantly surprised! I am really looking forward to playing baseball again. I went out a couple times this last weekend to practice a bit. I have decided that it definitely helps when mom is watching. I hit 5 home runs out of the 20 pitches that mom watched. Before you are too amazed, realize that this was dad pitching to me, and the field is 20-30 feet smaller than a normal college field. I am more of a base hit person, not a home run hitter.

One of my friends and I had an interesting conversation last night. We were talking about Psalm 27:4-5.
One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to meditate in His temple. For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock.

The phrase "to meditate in His temple" caught my attention. I have been thinking about prayer and how it is not supposed to be one-way communication. It seems that when I pray, it goes something like, "God, do this... God, do that... God, do this, thanks again." We seem to be so rushed in our prayer life. Sometimes, I just like to lay down and think about stuff, and let God speak. I think the church is lacking in this area. I realize that church time is limited, and the main purposes are Biblical teaching, and fellowship, but I think we miss out on the listening aspect. I think we hinder ourselves when we don't take the time to "be still and know that He is God." He has so much to say in His Word, and yet we are often too busy to really think about what He is trying to say to us. God, help me be a good listener!

No comments: