Thursday, November 15, 2007

When we see Him!

Today was probably the best day I've had in a long time. I felt pretty well studied up for my sign language test, and I think it went well. On test days, I often push my time in the Word back until after the exam, but I need to stop doing that. I had a good time in the Word this morning. I guess it is all the more motivation to study harder so that I am not cramming early in the morning. I did not get much studying for my physics quiz in, but God was gracious and I aced my physics quiz despite my lack of preparation. Not only that, but my teacher graded my labs and I got 100% on all of those. This was a concern to me because we had not received any grades back, and he has a specific format that he wants all of our lab reports in. God is good! 1 Corinthians 15:10 is so true! It is only by God's grace that I am what I am.

At the end of 1 Corinthians 15, Paul talks about when we are resurrected. Stuff like this really encourages me to keep pressing on in what He calls me to do. We need to keep depending on Christ, because He is the One that brings the victory! Look at the words of the last verse... be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord. Let us be soft-hearted, strong willed christians, because He is our foundation!
But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "death is swallowed up in victory. O, death, where is your victory? O, death, where is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

1 comment:

Nicole Hearn said...

Yay for good days!
Yesterday was one of my best days in awhile, too. :-D