Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Light of God's Word

This morning, I wasn't feeling completely well, so I decided that sleep was probably better than playing basketball. I am thankful for a mom that wakes me up for class after I've turned off my alarm. It was one of those mornings where you want just five more minutes of sleep, which results in you falling completely asleep. I really do appreciate her for looking after me like she does. :) This afternoon, I took Christina to Cal baptist for Choral Union. It is rather relaxing to study while listening to over 200 voices singing God's praise. It's awesome! After I got tired of studying for my sign language test, I went to the practice rooms and enjoyed a time of meditating on God's Word, and singing to Him. You may find this strange, but I really enjoy silence. It seems like it is in those times that God speaks the most (or more likely He is speaking all along, and I am not hearing Him because of the distractions around me). I was thinking about the whole memorial service, and what to say or do. God brought these verses to mind.
1 Corinthians 14:24-25
But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an ungifted man enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all; the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you.

When we shine God's light on the people that are living in darkness, God uses that to convict them so that they WILL fall on their faces and worship God. How amazing is that? I look forward to this weekend. I know that Pastor Tim will do an excellent job of proclaiming God's truth. I am praying that God would do exactly what this passage says in the hearts of many unsaved relatives. They need Christ! I still don't know exactly what I will do or say. Mom thinks I should play/sing a song, but I have yet to come up with a song that seems appropriate. Regardless, pray that God would fill us with His boldness. I was reminded again that there is never too high a price to pay for someone's soul. If you have any ideas for me, let me know.

No comments: