Monday, November 19, 2007

It was a Monday

Today was definitely a long day since I didn't sleep last night... 41 hours with a 1.5 hr nap doesn't quite cut it. :) Having said this, God completely supplied the energy I needed to be prepared for my exam. I felt prepared, but I still got stuck on the last problem (ugg). Oh well... partial credit is a good invention. There were also a couple problems on the test that he specifically said that they would not be on the test, so I didn't study those problems. I think I did okay though. Regardless, God was more than gracious with the little amount of time that I was able to put into studying. 2 Corinthians 3:12-13 was encouraged my heart today.
Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness in our speech, and are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away.

I found it interesting that Moses covered his face. I am not exactly sure why he did this. From what I gather, it was because Christ was to be the fulfillment of the law, and so in covering his face, he was keeping that glory for when Christ came. I recall another time when Moses came off Mt. Sinai and his face was so bright that the people couldn't look at him. I wonder if that was related to what Paul is talking about here or if that was a totally separate thing. Whatever the case may be, Christ fulfilled the law which opened the door to reveal His glory with great boldness. Let us speak without shame of the great God who has given all of Himself so that we may live!

No comments: