Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Spiritual Gifts

This morning, I was able to play basketball without having to be done by 7 am. Yay for no class today! Two hours of basketball is a ton of fun, but a bit tiring too. Unlike the last couple times, I was actually making baskets. Warm-up really does help. I did a lot of random running around during the day. My mom gave me money and told me to go grocery shopping. That was something I hadn't done in a while. Lacey (our dog) needed a hair cut, so I took her for that and got some flowers for the garden. This evening, I spent some time with one of my good friends who is moving to Texas as soon as their house is sold. Friends are definitely a blessing from the Lord!

This morning, I read about spiritual gifts in 1 Corinthians 12. When I think about it, there are very few people that are trying to fill in for holes in the body of Christ. I have felt at times that I didn't have any opportunities to serve, but as Pastor Tim pointed out, when we get involved in the lives of others (personal ministry), all of a sudden we realize that we don't have nearly enough time to accomplish all the work that there is. Paul talks about how we are each a critical part of the body of Christ. We must do our part! If part of the body is not working properly, the whole body suffers, so we need to not only do our part, but encourage others as they do their part. Each of us (assuming that you are a christian), has been given one or more spiritual gifts for the purpose of serving others within the body of Christ (the church). I would challenge you to figure out what those God given gifts are, and start using them in every way that you can. It is a great joy to serve the Lord with the gifts and abilities that He has given me. I'm not saying that I always serve the Lord, or that I have some great spiritual gift or talent above what anyone else has, but God does tend to bless those that are obedient to Him. Part of this obedience is making use of what He has given to you. My prayer is that you would find joy in serving the Lord.

No comments: