Saturday, November 17, 2007

Time for another weekend

I skipped basketball on Wednesday, so it was good to play today. We did the usual... won one, lost one. We had our review for our last Calculus exam before the final (which happens on Monday). Our teacher actually held us nearly 45 minutes after class was officially over to finish up the review. As much as I don't enjoy staying so long after class, it was a very profitable 45 minutes. Actually, prayers would be greatly appreciated for this because I will not have much study time this weekend with the memorial service. I decided to do the song "Knowing You." It is hard for me to sing a song like that when I don't think he knew Christ as His savior, but I know that the Lord will provide the strength to get through it. He is always good! Bible study was a blessing as usual. I messed up quite a bit in leading worship, but I know God is honored by our messed up praises too. :) Bible study was on the shorter end tonight due to the fact that several people had to go to a concert for the music program. I think everyone was pretty exhausted tonight. Thanksgiving break will be nice!

Just a quick note on something I was thinking about during Bible study. Mr. Babb talked about counting the cost of following Christ. The question is often asked, "would you be willing to die for Christ?" I would say, yes! I am ready to be with Him right now if it is His will. The not so pleasant questions comes when you ask why I do not always live for Christ. If I would be willing to die for Christ, why wouldn't I live for Christ. I would argue that it is much easier to die for Christ than it is to live for Christ. There are so many small things that get in the way of living completely for Christ. Paul urges us to not entangle ourselves with the things of this life, but to run the race that God has set before us (Hebrews 12:1-2). Let us be faithful followers of Christ!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand all you say because i'am spanish, but i admire you. Not all people speak about God in his blog. GOOD LUCK! Que Dios te bendiga

Kristin Braun said...

Praying for your calc test, but also for the memorial service. May God give you and your family strength during this tough time :)